Re: "free buffer waits" under eXtreme Transaction Loads

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:39:43 -0400

Thanks Terry, I agree with you, I only want to know if changing this parameter would alter his statistics in anyway. In theory all should be similar, it was only testing theories, curiosity. :)

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
From: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: 07/26/04 16:54:41
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Why would you want him to do this. If his log buffer were too small, wouldn't he be seeing "log buffer space" waits? I'd expect "log file sync" waits to get worse with a larger log buffer.

--Terry