RE: Function Index

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

no special privileges required on 9i
Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
SQL> create user abc identified by abc;
User created.
SQL> grant create session to abc;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> grant create table to abc;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> alter user abc default tablespace users; User altered.
SQL> grant unlimited tablespace to abc;
Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect abc/abc;
Connected.

SQL> create table abc (abc1 varchar2(100)); Table created.
SQL> create index abc_index on abc (upper(abc1)); Index created.
SQL>
SQL> show parameter query

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

query_rewrite_enabled string FALSE query_rewrite_integrity string enforced
SQL> Hamid Alavi <hamid.alavi_at_quovadx.com> wrote: I am running on Oracle 9.2.0.1 on Windows but still without special = privs
user can not create any function index!