RE: flashback query vs. log miner

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

Paula,
 For FBQ, in Oracle 9i, there is a hard limit of 5 days of instance uptime. Period! No amount of undo space and undo retention time can cross this limit. And, there are ways to size the undo tablespace to suit your requirements.

 I presented a paper on 9i AUM and FBQ in the recent IOUG conf. You may refer to my paper. It discusses all these issues, and shows why there is a 5-day instance uptime limit for FBQ in Oracle 9i.

Regards,

Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail