Re: Re[2]: sources for hidden and useful hints for testin

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:26:56 +0200 (CEST)

That's not only Mogens. I never forget the moment that Mogens asked us to drink more wine at the Miracle DBF in Middelfart. The arrangement was 'ad libertum', and the theme of the evening got 'Let's Maximize'. At some stage the 120 participants finished 110 bottles of wine. That was not enough for Mogens, because 110 had nothing to do with 42. So he urged us to drink more. Jonathan Lewis stood up, and said something like: 'May I bring to your attention that in 27-base arithmetic, 110 is written as 42'.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===