Re: sources for hidden and useful hints for testin

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:27:18 +0100

There are quite a lot of hints which are undocumented - of which a couple appear only on metalink, and some in the recursive SQL used by the database.

I suspect some hints are undocumented because they were simply overlooked when the manuals were being written. Some are clearly not supposed to be available to end-users.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated July 20th

What hints are you talking about? So far as I'm aware, all the valid SQL hints are in the Optimizer Hints chapter of the Performance Tuning Guide http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/hintsref .htm#8326

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC