RE: Creating Histograms

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:59:38 -0500

Hi Donald,
>If this is going to be a production process should I set it up under an application schema owner?
Yes. I would and have a schema which stores the system level information such as stats, space usage etc..It is also easier for me to export this schema and stick it in another database, for further analysis.

> Or does each application schema owner need their own stats table?
Not necessarily..

> Can I keep multiple sets of statistics for a single schema? Is that
what the statid is for ?
Yes. You can keep multiple sets, with statid..

Here is a procedure I use :This is called for various app schemas, every week ( Statistics are collected per table level in somewhat 'intelligent' fashion, at the most, stats can change once per week and storing stats every week is sufficient for us.).

Believe it or not, I have rolled back stat changes for one table already using these stored stats..

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA