Re: sql loader problem

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:53:15 -0700 (PDT)

this problem normally comes due to nls_lang not matching the database. verify the nls_lang variable is set according to the characterset of the database david wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

I don't use sqlldr very often and I'm having a problem I don't understand.

I'm getting this error: ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested I've slogged thru the online sqlldr manual and the error manual, but I'm not seeing why I'm getting this problem at all. I've stripped out all the fancy stuff I was trying to do, just to get the raw basics to work. But no luck! Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0

Here's a sample from the simple comma-delimited file I'm trying to load:

3,1244,14,R4806W,17
3,1244,15,R6606,26
3,1244,16,R2901E,59
3,1244,17,R4501H,112
3,1244,19,R2516,0
3,1244,20,R6312,75

Here's the test table to load into:

SQL> descr ltest
Name Type

--------------------------- ---------------
DATACALL NUMBER(2)
QUESTIONID NUMBER(10)
ORGID NUMBER(10)
ANSWER01 VARCHAR2(4000)
ANSWER02 VARCHAR2(4000) Control file I'm using:

LOAD DATA
INFILE '1244.csv'
BADFILE '1244.bad'
DISCARDFILE '1244.dsc'
APPEND
INTO TABLE ltest REPLACE
FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS (DATACALL INTEGER(2)
,QUESTIONID INTEGER(10)
,ORGID INTEGER(10)
,ANSWER01 VARCHAR
,ANSWER02 VARCHAR

)
Here's the results I get from the log:

Table LTEST, loaded from every logical record. Insert option in effect for this table: REPLACE TRAILING NULLCOLS option in effect

Column Name Position Len Term Encl Datatype

------------------------------ ---------- ----- ---- ---- ---------------------
DATACALL FIRST 2 INTEGER
QUESTIONID NEXT 10 INTEGER
ORGID NEXT 10 INTEGER
ANSWER01 NEXT * VARCHAR
ANSWER02 NEXT * VARCHAR Record 1: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 2: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 3: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 4: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 5: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 6: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested