Re: sql loader problem

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:38:02 -0400

Dave,
 Perhaps you should define the length of the data in the control file so it will not use
the default lengths.

 (DATACALL        INTEGER(2)

,QUESTIONID INTEGER(10)
,ORGID INTEGER(10)
,ANSWER01 VARCHAR(4000)
,ANSWER02 VARCHAR(4000)
)

Ron

>>> davewendelken_at_earthlink.net 07/22/2004 10:10:58 AM >>>

I don't use sqlldr very often and I'm having a problem I don't understand.

I'm getting this error: ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested
I've slogged thru the online sqlldr manual and the error manual, but I'm not seeing why I'm getting this problem at all. I've stripped out all the fancy stuff I was trying to do, just to get the raw basics to work. But no luck!
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0

Here's a sample from the simple comma-delimited file I'm trying to load:

3,1244,14,R4806W,17
3,1244,15,R6606,26
3,1244,16,R2901E,59
3,1244,17,R4501H,112
3,1244,19,R2516,0
3,1244,20,R6312,75

Here's the test table to load into:

SQL> descr ltest

 Name                          Type
 --------------------------- ---------------
 DATACALL                   NUMBER(2)
 QUESTIONID                NUMBER(10)
 ORGID                         NUMBER(10)
 ANSWER01                   VARCHAR2(4000)
 ANSWER02                   VARCHAR2(4000)

Control file I'm using:

LOAD DATA
    INFILE '1244.csv'
    BADFILE '1244.bad'
    DISCARDFILE '1244.dsc'
    APPEND
    INTO TABLE ltest REPLACE
    FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS

    (DATACALL        INTEGER(2)

,QUESTIONID INTEGER(10)
,ORGID INTEGER(10)
,ANSWER01 VARCHAR
,ANSWER02 VARCHAR
)

Here's the results I get from the log:

Table LTEST, loaded from every logical record. Insert option in effect for this table: REPLACE TRAILING NULLCOLS option in effect

   Column Name                  Position   Len  Term Encl Datatype
------------------------------ ---------- ----- ---- ----
---------------------
DATACALL                         FIRST     2           INTEGER

QUESTIONID                      NEXT    10           INTEGER

ORGID                               NEXT    10           INTEGER

ANSWER01                         NEXT     *           VARCHAR

ANSWER02                         NEXT     *           VARCHAR

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 2: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 3: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 4: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 5: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

Record 6: Rejected - Error on table LTEST. ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested