Re: !! oracle startup problem - need help

From: david wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:07:06 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I'm working thru other hands, in a secure environment, don't know the machines, drives and directories being used, accounts or passwords, and the database was down NOW with people unable to do their work.

We were slogging thru the manuals, but hoping to get something to jump start us on where to look. I think that's a fair reason to ask for help before poring through manuals for hours, given the situation we were in.

The create pfile hint was great. We went down some blind alleys because the create pfile command couldn't seem to find the spfile, but once we forced the sql connection to work out of the spfile directory by default, we were up and running.

Thanks for all the help!