RE: RE: GLOBAL_NAME change

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:47:32 -0500

And then it only applies to the "other" database. Boy that took me awhile to get through my head. In my case, I'm wanting to change the GLOBAL_NAMES=TRUE on database A. To do that I need to change the GLOBAL_NAME value on the database it is linking to. That database will continue to have GLOBAL_NAMES=FALSE. I need to ensure the database links on that other database are not affected. From my tests, they aren't.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
-- C.S. Lewis

From: solbeach_at_cox.net [mailto:solbeach_at_cox.net] Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 4:33 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

It has been my experience that DB_LINKs "break" after changing=20 the GLOBAL_NAME.