9.2.0.5 database only tracing client session from 8i clients

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:21:30 -0400

I have noticed that on a new 9.2.0.5 HP-UX database, that after enabling: alter system set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12';

(It is a new system not yet live ... )

That client sessions from 8i will produce a trace file. That client sessions from 9i will not produce a trace file. That a Unix session from the same server will produce a trace file.

Any ideas as to why and what I can do? I did not see this issue on MetaLink.

Thanks all.

> John Fedock

   "K" Line Americ
    www.kline.com

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately without forwarding to others.