RE: recycle and keep buffer in other tablespace block sizes

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:08:10 -0400

Hi Mark, thanks,
I was thinking too to in run a test, this year, to move all indexes to a 16k tablespace, to see if there is some improvement. But why don't do it as a group in this list. If we do test as a group I t hink we could find very very interesting things  becaues the big problem is never is enough time to test everything.

The question will be interesting to set in this forum a goal and those who are interesting joing to it.

For example something like
subject: All who wants to test 16k tablespaces The limit to send you trace files is (one week from today) The goal of this test is to create a tablespace using 16, and compare the results in
small tables 1-100k
medium tables 100k 10;M
Big tables more than 10M

You have to post the results from a trace file in xxx debug level. Then who started this goal, copies all this to a paper, some comments a post in the forum a link to that test.

I don't know if you like this idea, what do you think.