RE: Oracle Baselines and Java Internals

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:09:29 -0700

Jared,

>Track DDL_TIME, CREATION_DATE and TIMESTAMP for all objects.

In our Apps database, I have a System trigger that records *all* DDL, with the exception of 'pre-approved' DDL. [Remember your earlier post about the pre-approved changes?]

>The section I'm unsure of is in regards to Java. I don't believe that

You have me here (and I believe a majority in this list). However, I recently read two articles that greatly helped in shining the light on such javahead type questions. The articles in question are 'I love the Java Jive: J2EE Overview for Oracle Technologists' - Paper 110 at IOUG 2004 by Peter Koletzke and 'The Fast Track to Java with Oracle' by Brad Brown in Oracle Internals.

In short, you will need to keep in mind that:

Now, all of this is based on my very, very brief interaction with Java technologies. But I believe I have seen enough to warrant this note!

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)