[Q] cheap way to make DB2 (OS/390) real time update ORACLE tables?

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

I am study DB2 on mainframe to update tables on ORACLE (UNIX). The update must be real time and 2PC. I know ORACLE has "Transparant Gateway" to do it, but it is tooooo expensive (95K). I am look for cheaper solution like ODBC or MQ.

My question are:

  1. Any one use ODBC update from DB2 (mainframe) to ORACLE?
  2. is it stable and good performance?
  3. Anyone use MQ (message Queue) update from DB2 to ORACLE?
  4. any other solution?

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail