RE: import with IGNORE=Y option to ignore errors

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:59:30 -0400

In the case of existing tables without a PK or UK constraint or a unique index running an import with ignore=y can load duplicate (or unnecessary) data. The ignore=y option is a very useful feature when you want to load or restore data to an existing table. But you need to understand the effect it can have when you use it on a full import.

Prior to alter table move the feature was very useful for relocating tables: exp, truncate, drop, recreate in new tablespace, imp ignore=y.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

From: Nguyen, David M [mailto:david.m.nguyen_at_xo.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:36 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I see but will all objects and his data be recovered to original state even though it report errors?

Thanks,
David

From: Nguyen, David M [mailto:david.m.nguyen_at_xo.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:24 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: import with IGNORE=3DY option to ignore errors

I need to import data for an user that his table is dropped somehow. I use ignore=3Dy option to ignore all errors but why I still see bunches of errors complaining about constraints violation? =20 =20

Thanks,
David