RE: TOAD Xpert privileges

From: Aponte, Tony <AponteT_at_hsn.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:51:11 -0400

>Tony - So you are saying that I need to create a schema with these =
extensive
>privileges but somehow I don't have to give that password to the =
developers?
>Is there a way to reduce the privileges after object installation?
> You say that you've found TOAD pretty safe. I would be much =
comforted if
>you said you found TOAD Xpert to be safe.
> Thanks for your input.

Maybe a little clarity on the features and whom they are intended for = would help. TOAD Expert for PL/SQL is very safe to deploy for = developers. TOAD Expert for DB Administration is just as safe as any = other tool that facilitates DBA tasks (script repository, help text, = automated collections, etc.) We install and use the DBA stuff but not = grant privileges to the developers. For our developers job simple TOAD = is adequate and we've bough PL/SQL Expert because we believe that it = promotes consistency in their code. The DBAs already have the = privileges to use DB Expert so security remains the same as it is = without the TOAD objects and privs.

HTH
Tony Aponte
Home Shopping network