Re: Re[2]: to_number question

From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 04:01:36 -0700 (PDT)

I disagree, this approach will bring out more issues with query performance. Plus how will the rdbms *know* what results you want to keep trying to please you? Maybe I *want* the rdbms to error out on the first invalid datum as it does now. So, if there are any issues I'd like to know now rather than tomorrow when it comes back with 15 rows and 25000 invalid rows after traversing 80000 different paths of execution. JWOR ... Just waste of Resources.

Cheers
Raj

Best Regards
Raj

select mandatory_disclaimer from company_requirements;

Do You Yahoo!?