Re: Simple Import Question

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:20:52 +0300

Or you can try to use _disable_logging, but be very-very careful. Investigate this before use.
http://www.google.lv/search?hl=lv&ie=UTF-8&q=_disable_logging&meta=

Jurijs
9268222

http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv
19.07.2004 13:12
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Simple Import Question

0. Make Backup
1. Shutdown database
2. Switch archivelog off
3. Startup
4. Import
5. Shutdown
6. Switch archivelog on

7. Startup
8. Make Backup
If solution not usable, then crontab archiving staff. And take care with your fingers; your future success probably depends on them ;)

Jurijs
9268222

http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

"fahd mirza" <fahd-m_at_aero.com.pk>
19.07.2004 13:20
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
        cc:

Come on guys, please find me a way. because , the thing is that due to some
reasons I have turned the automatic archival off, while my database(8.1.6) is running in archive mode. So when I try to import a huge schema with huge
tables (which has to be done , because it belongs to a very senior developer), I have to manaully archive the redo files again and again and again...., so please save my fingers and tell me how could I import this huge schema with nologging.
thanks
regards,
Fahd