RE: RAC nodes

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 04:51:39 +1000

Oh, totally agree! But there is publicly available information out there o= n how to do this:

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/downloads/Ext_RAC_cluster_100803.pdf
http://www.veritas.com/Products/van?c=3Dproduct&refId=3D20#wp
http://www.sun.com/solutions/blueprints/1102/817-0369.pdf

I think there was a presentation done at UKOUG on Comic Relief's 8 km stret= ch cluster, but I don't have an external link to that one.

Having said all of that (which wasn't really much), I still am not convince=
d that geoclusters provide a better form of disaster recovery to things lik=
e DataGuard.  I suppose it boils down to the standard old line - just becau=
se you CAN do something with specific technology doesn't mean you SHOULD do=
 it.

 =

Pete
 =

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA