RE: Change RMAN repository

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:06:11 -0400

The repository/catalog is just a group of oracle tables, views, etc. You could duplicate the repository database into a new database and then drop (remove) the databases which won't use the new catalog. Then just assign the ones that will to the new catalog. Of you could use exp/imp and only export the records you want to move and then assign the new catalog to the databases you want to be in the new repository/catalog.

HTH,
Ruth