RE: Change RMAN repository (Out-of-Office Unitl May 10, 2004)

From: Rick Velasquez <rick.velasquez_at_ihc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:48:58 -0600

I am out of the office until July 19, 2004.

Please contact Lisa Powell at 442-5811 if you require assistance prior to my return.

Have a good day,

>>> oracle-l 07/15/04 15:47 >>>

Keep in mind that even if you re-register the database in a new repository,
I think the entries for the day before yesterday (for example) are still in
the control file. So, if needed, you should be able to run rman nocatalog.
That is, even if the catalog database is brand new, you should still have
access to the rman info, via the control file, that predates the new catalog. Of course, having had such a hard time recently with to_number and
subqueries, I'm not betting any cash on anything being a fact right now.