RE: rman nocatalog - point in time recovery

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:31:29 -0400

Good catch, Tom! This would actually do a complete recovery, explaining why the data is still gone. If the incarnation changed then it will have to be set back to the previous incarnation and the restored and recovered again with the proper date.

Ruth

From: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us [mailto:Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us] Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 12:39 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Guys,=20

I did the following:

    execute script alloc_all_tapes;
    restore database UNTIL TIME "TO_DATE('07/01/07 12:00:00','MM/DD/YY = HH24:MI:S S')";

    recover database UNTIL TIME "TO_DATE('07/01/07 12:00:00','MM/DD/YY = HH24:MI:S S')";

Then I did an alter database open resetlogs

As developer mentioned he needed objects that were there on the 7th or = the 8th. He says they still aren't there and there were no changes between until the 9th.

Is this not recovery and restoring the database up till the UNTIL = TIME?????