Oracle on SAN recommendation...

From: Jose Luis Delgado <joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:54:10 -0700 (PDT)

List!

I would like to receive a bit of help on this:
(SunOS 5.8, Oracle 8.1.7)

We have a SAN solution from EMC, they created several filesystems, one of them is named: /oradata

That filesystem, was left for Oracle data only.

Five databases were created for an external dba, ALL the datafiles, controlfiles and redolog files were placed in the same structure, i.e:
/oradata/<SID>/datafiles and controlfiles and redologfiles (not yet in archive log mode).

EMC argue that, since the filesystem was created from several separate physical disks, they form a 'LOGICAL' disk, and there shouldn't be a problem with contention
(due to implicit distribution of data) or something
else.

Is that ok?

Please, can you elaborate on this?

Thanks in advance!