RE: Can't open database (OT magnetic pole flipping)

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:01:11 -0400

You need to reserve space (a vertical region of space) on the merry-go round at either the north or south rotational poles. In addition to the space reservation, your equipment will need to be able to handle the acceleration to match the turning rate of the earth to reach georotatory statis. I'm told that RAID 5 units are essential in this configuration. To minimize communications delays between these DR/flip resistant sites, you may also want to acquire space in the interpole lumen for your fibre connections. Remember to use heat resistant cable.

mwf