Re: v$active_Session_history column question

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

sorry.
I meant ASH.
for my penance, I'm installing "wtf" in cygwin on the winXP partition. I don't know what I was thinking not having that around to resolve these TLAs.

mdoc warning: Empty input line #152

WTF(6)                         BSD Games Manual
                 WTF(6)

NAME
     wtf - translates acronyms and filename suffixes
for you.
     wtfindex - builds string file indexes for wtf.
     wtfdump - lists the contents of a wtf database.

SYNOPSIS
     wtf [-a] [is] pattern
     wtfindex filename
     wtfdump filename

DESCRIPTION
     The wtf program looks-up the definition of a
term. It supports a number
     of definition sources. In this version they are
an acronyms database and
     a filename suffixes database.

     Like the NetBSD 1.5 version of wtf, this version
will ignore an ``is''
     given on the command line, allowing the more
natural usage: wtf is wtf.

     Like man, wtf will display all matches found when the -a flag is given on

     the command line.

     The wtfindex program builds an index of the entries in filename. This

     index is written to filename.dat. filename must contain a series of

     lines. Each line should consist of a key (the term being defined) and a

     value (the definition) separated by a single tab character, and should be

     terminated by a newline character.

     The wtfdump program lists the entries in filename in ascending order.

EXAMPLES
     Find out what AFAIK stands for

     $ wtf afaik

     Find all the meanings of WTF

     $ wtf -a WTF

     Find out what the .asm extension means

     $ wtf .asm

     What the author of the program thinks of SCO

     $ wtf is SCO (try this one!!!)

FILES
     /usr/share/wtf System-wide directory to search for data files.

     $HOME/.wtf User specific directory to search for data files.

ENVIRONMENT
     WTFPATH A colon delimited list of directories to be searched.

SEE ALSO
     fortune(6), whatis(1), wtf(6), sort(1)

BUGS
     The index files are not transportable across machines of different

     endian-ness and/or with different sizes of unsigned long.

     The command-line argument handling code is very rudimentary.

     No doubt there are a great many more. If you find any, please squash them

     and send the pieces to the author.

HISTORY

     wtf first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.
     This version of wtf was created on Slackware
Linux 9.0.0

AUTHOR

     Thomas Sutton
     (thsutton_at_utas.edu.au)

bdbafh_at_hophead ~
$ wtf is SCO
SCO: The Enemy

I guess that they updated that one recently. no entries for ASM, ASH, ASSM, OFA, SAME, RAID, MAID, RAC or the illustrious bchr.

Paul