RE: imp issue...very confusing!

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:12:42 -0700 (PDT)

Unlimited tablespace is granted directly to the user to whom you've granted RESOURCE. This appears to be hard-coded into the kernel.

example below, 9.2.0.1 but I've done this at least as far back as Oracle7, probably version 6 as well but I can't remember and don;t have a database under 6 to test on.

SQL> create user resource_test identified by test   2 default tablespace users
  3 temporary tablespace temp
  4 /

User created.

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee='RESOURCE_TEST';

no rows selected

SQL> select * from dba_role_privs where grantee='RESOURCE_TEST';

no rows selected

SQL> grant resource to resource_test;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> select * from dba_role_privs where grantee='RESOURCE_TEST';

GRANTEE                        GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --- ---

RESOURCE_TEST                  RESOURCE                       NO  YES

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee='RESOURCE_TEST';

GRANTEE                        PRIVILEGE                         ADM

------------------------------ --------------------------------- ---

RESOURCE_TEST                  UNLIMITED TABLESPACE              NO

SQL> select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee='RESOURCE';

GRANTEE                        PRIVILEGE                         ADM
RESOURCE                       CREATE TYPE                       NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE TABLE                      NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE CLUSTER                    NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE TRIGGER                    NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE OPERATOR                   NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE SEQUENCE                   NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE INDEXTYPE                  NO
RESOURCE                       CREATE PROCEDURE                  NO

8 rows selected.