RE: UPgrade from 8163 to 9.2?????

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:21:26 -0400

I shall suggest you to read 9.2 Oracle migration document( I think part of Installation guide) which will give you all sort of options and answers to your questions. Most preferred way is to go by manual migration/upgrade path.

Migration from 8.1.7 to 9.2 is pretty straight forward provided you follow upgrade document. Do it first in your test region and document timings and all steps you done for it.

Regards
Rafiq

From: "Seema Singh" <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com> Reply-To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: UPgrade from 8163 to 9.2?????
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:33:32 -0400

Hi
I have couple of Databases runing on SUN E450 Solaris 5.7 with Oracle8.1.6.3.
I'm planning to upgrade to 9.2. Wondering how risky is this process? If someone have had such situation may share their experience.Please also suggest what are precausion we need to take care of during migration. Which one is safer, need to install Oracle9.2 into diffrent oracle home or upgrade 8.1.6.3 to 8.1.7 and then 9.2
thanks
-Seema

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 2 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/