Re: imp issue...very confusing!

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:00:39 -0400

When I have had this problem it has been because of LOB data. For reasons I cannot fathom, imp *always* puts LOB data into the same tablespace it came from (by name), no matter what you do with defaults or anything else. I only know of two ways to solve this: either let imp do it's thing and then move the data to the tablespace where it belongs, or use a script to modify the dump to change the name of the tablespace for the LOB data. Oracle strongly recommends against the latter but it has always worked for me. As always, your mileage may vary.

janine