Re: Two Questions Please

From: Kresimir Fabijanic <kfabijanic_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:51:02 +1000

Hi Fahd
fahd mirza wrote:

>Hi Listers,
> I have two questions please.
>1. I am using Oracle 8.1.6, how could I change the password of Internal?

Use orapwd utility:

Make sure that your init.ora remote_login_passwordfile is set to either SHARED or EXCLUSIVE. Confirm that the user is listed in the password file.

SQL> select * from v$pwfile_users;

>2. How can I move the data of a table from Oracle to Excel? Does Oracle provide any tool for this like it provides SQL Loader to do otherwise?

One way is to use sql script to extract the data into csv file

spool file.out
select col1 || ',' || col2 from tab1 where ....; spool off

your delimiter can be anything (we use '~')

Other way is to use ODBC and create MS Query to query the data directly and load it straight into the Excel..

HTH Kind regards

Kresimir Fabijanic