RE: VIRUS ALERT, do not open attached ZIP file from Oracle-L memb er

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:49:55 -0700

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 06:58, Eberhard, Jeff wrote:
> I've also received a number of messages claiming to be from
> Dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com.
> I was about to email Mr. Williams a nastygram but noticed the internet
> headers show:

Come on folks, hit the <DELETE> key and move on.

Everyone that spends time on the internet gets their email address spoofed for spam. And contrary to to a previous post, access to the persons mail server is not needed.

I've received spam from my own address, which I personally found rather funny.

If you get spam from someone on this list, any other list, or from anyone you know, assume it is a spoofed address, delete it, move on.

Jared