Re: Two Questions Please

From: Lisa Spory <lspory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 04:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

Fahd,

Addressing Question #2:

I am not aware of a built-in tool that will do this for you on Oracle 8i, although if you have Toad then you can select from the table, right click on the results, choose Save As, and you will be able to save as a XLS File.

Before TOAD, the way that I always accomplished this goal (had to do this a lot for ad hoc reports) was to create a position delimited file by padding the columns I selected to a length of 1 plus the defined column length. Depending upon the size of you data, either spool a file or write to utl_file.

Then simply open the file in Excel, and the import wizard should guide you through putting the data into columns.

Regards,

Lisa
fahd mirza <fahd-m_at_aero.com.pk> wrote:
Hi Listers,
I have two questions please.
1. I am using Oracle 8.1.6, how could I change the password of Internal? 2. How can I move the data of a table from Oracle to Excel? Does Oracle provide any tool for this like it provides SQL Loader to do otherwise? Thanks in advance.
regards,
Fahd