RE: Metalink suggested links

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:35:11 -0400

I did that also, and contacted the metalink administrators and = complained about it, got an analyst and walked back through the whole = thing. You get decoyed after you've already entered a lot of data. = Hopefully, they'll fix it. To me, they always seem to produce good = results in that search context vs what you come up with when you try to =

find your problem description or symptoms through the search page.  I've =
never been very satisfied with their search functionality. It seems they =
spend a lot of analyst time referring you to documents that could not be =
identified in an automated way through the search engine. I know going = in that I'm going to have to strain my brain trying to think of way to = describe my issue that is going to return some useful results. If things = were working right Metalink ought to be my first choice to find = information on Oracle. Instead, I start googling elsewhere and only go = there if nothing pops up on the web.=20