DataGuard

From: David <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am looking for feedback on Oracle Data Guard in terms of stability and ease of intallation, setup and administration. I have some light experience on the product, but no real world intense experience.

I am involved in a rollout of large RAC systems, but the drive force behind going with RAC if for fall-over fault tolerance, not scalability or performance.

The questions is now being raised on if that is the best decision and what our other options are(Veritas cluster manager, Data Guard, etc).

Thanks!
- David