v$sql problem

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:47:30 -0400

Hi,

I am testing the insert performance into a table from 2 sessions both reading from same table. I am inserting in a batch of 1000 rows at a time and in 1 session we are inserting 1000 batches so total 1M rows inserted. Also we are doing commit after every 1000 rows. When I check the view v$sql and run statement from only 1 session it shows executions as 1000 (for 1000 batches) and increment in 1000 for each run. But when I run both sessions concurrently it only increases the execution by 1010 instead of 2000. Is this the normal stats or it is not showing execution stats properly?

Thanks
--Harvinder