Re: Finding out if user has connect through granted

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:37:56 +0100

In 9.2, you might want to look at views:

    dba_proxies

    proxy_users
    proxy_roles
    proxy_users_and_roles

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st

Hi,
I've searched the manual and Metalink and not found an answer on this. We're on 81745 under Windows 2000.

If users fred and bill exist and I've done:

alter user fred grant connect through bill;

how can I query a view to show this statement? eg - If I want to use a script to recreate the SQL to create the user?

It doesn't seem to be in dba_sys_privs or dba_role_privs which makes = some sense because it would need to store 2 items, you've got the priv = and who you've got it for - so there's probably a child table somewhere.

I've got showpriv.sql from Jacques Kilchoer but the version I have is = from Sep 1998 and doesn't include this, nor does the find_all_privs.sql = from Pete Finnigan (version 1.5) - but maybe I'm missing something.

For info, it seems that in 8i, these grants are lost on an import - bug = 2489566

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon