RE: 10g show stoppers

From: Rognes, Sten <Sten.Rognes_at_schwab.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:19:03 -0700

=
> If an ASM patch causes problems with other parts of the kernel, it's a bug
=
> and should be logged as such. The overhead I mentioned before doesn't
seem=
> (to me anyway) to warrant a separate install just in case that occurs.
Ot=
> hers, of course, may (and usually do!) have different opinions.

Thanks Pete, I'll keep your recommendation in mind as I become more familiar with ASM. Btw. I sat through an Oracle webcast on the topic titled "Oracle Database 10g ASM Advanced Diagnostics and Troubleshooting" were a number of other reasons were given for maintaining OH separate for ASM. Not all of them made sense to me, but you might want to check it out to see what other Oracle employees have to say on the topic.

Sten