RE: boos

From: Michael Milligan <Michael.Milligan_at_ingenix.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:20:57 -0500

-Oracle SQL High Performance Tuning by Harrison
-Expert Oracle 9i Database Administration by Sam Alapati
-C.J. Date's "Realtional Database Writings" books

I used to really like Kyte's Oracle One On One, but I have found too many holes - he covers the topics in too patchy a manner for my taste. I have not read one book that seemingly everyone loves - Jonathan Lewis' Practical Oracle 8i. Our company is transitioning to 9i so I'm not sure if I should get it. I've never heard anything but praise for that book.

I'm selling a number of my 8i and some 9i books and trying to get down to fewer books that, as you said, are essential.

Michael Milligan
Oracle 9i Certified Professional DBA
PowerTrak DBA Field Group
Ingenix, Inc.