Old author, (sort of) old book... New licensing

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 01:23:02 +0200

I've looked and looked for excuses - however remote - for telling you this, but no Subjects seemed appropriate. As I've noted several times before, James Morle's book Scaling Oracle8i is not half bad.

In fact, there are only a few problems with James' book:

The unusual thing about James is that he on occasion sits down and thinks. This time he came up with the idea of making his book freely available using the Creative Commons license scheme.

The publisher thought this was a good idea. So James will release his book for free Real Soon Now.

I'm doing a short 'Welcome on board' (I wasn't born when James wrote the book, so here is my chance), and James is rewriting the introduction to address some of the issues raised in the chapters that might not be relevant anymore (or maybe they are, but under disguise). When that is done, the book will be there for everybody to download and enjoy.

With luck it might hit the streets at the same time as the Tales Of The OakTable book...

I'll be back.

Jonathan?

Best regards,

Mogens