re: install 10g on SuSE 9.1 and got a error

From: David Fenng <dbanotes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 21:56:19 +0800

I has created a instance with my script. maybe this a bug about GUI ?

and I set the parameter too:

export DISABLE_HUGETLBFS=1

Had the same, and added this to my .profile: #####
##### SuSE 9.1 kernel issue related to 10g: export DISABLE_HUGETLBFS=1
#####

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

At 04:53 PM 7/1/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,All,
>
>Today ,I've tried to install Oracle 10g on SuSE 9.1 prof .The software
>Installation was OK.
>
>But when I use dbca to create the instance , I got a error ,ORA-27125:
>unable to
>create shared memory segment.
>
>some information about the Suse machine:

David Fenng
dbanotes_at_gmail.com
http://www.dbanotes.net
some tips about Oracle RDBMS 8i/9i/10g (in Chinese)