Re: Nested Loop Semi Join

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:01:16 -0400

9.2.0.4
I get the same thing. Mine goes from nested loop merge join to a hash join(semi) merge join. The hash join goes from 2 minutes to 5 hours and fills up the temp tablespace. The process is the same over 6 tables, all partitioned with bitmap indexes and ranging in size from 10Gb to 300Gb. I've done a multitude of analyzing and rewrites and ended up using an alter session because the app doing the batch wouldn't take hints. Just tried your hint and it gave me great results also.

Mike