RE: firewall timeout sessions

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:41:24 -0400

This does not really solve your problem, but my observation is that jobs that run for over half an hour without user interaction are most likely batch jobs and overall it is likely that a better solution than overcoming the disconnection time out is an engineering change that puts the batch database job on the database server and gives you a way to check for whether the job is complete so you can retrieve the results.