Thank you from a newbie

From: Larry Klein <Larry.Klein_at_Hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:48:34 -0400

To all of my new friends and colleagues on Oracle-L, let me say thank you.

I was not aware of this list until I came to work for Cary Millsap and Gary Goodman at Hotsos a few months ago. Apparently I'd lived under a rock during my ten years at Oracle Consulting and Development :-) One of my goals in leaving Oracle was to grow out of my niche and find out about the broader, global, Oracle community. I think I've found you on this list.

I always look forward to reading your new posts; from them I learn a lot not only about technology but also what hot topics are important to you day by day. It concerns me greatly that some of the very senior contributors to this list are thinking of leaving over recent events. Every family is bound to have some squabbles. I would ask please that we keep our collegial family together and agree to use this list fairly and responsibly, going forward. Let's get over these current events so we can keep our community together.

Thanks and regards,

Larry Klein
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

630-513-8010 (Chicago office)

630-240-1190 (cellphone)

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis <http://www.hotsos.com/courses/PD101.php> (3 day
class) starting on/in

     06/22 Pittsburgh, 07/20 Cleveland, 08/10 Boston

     09/14 San Francisco

     06/14 Chicago, 06/28 Denver, 07/26 WashDC

     08/16 Minneapolis, 09/20 TBA, 10/18 New Orleans

     11/08 Dallas, 12/13 Atlanta