oracle-datab-ot@freelists.org.

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:21:55 -0400

Hi list, only one idea

Two topics
A) out topics
B) positioning the list

  1. OUT TOPICS I created this list sometime ago, but I was thinking tellyou in some weeks to avoid problems, I suggest to set this list oracle-datab-ot_at_freelists.org. as the official list for for other topics.

This means instead of attacking people who do out topic question, or answering how to destroy his work(Mladlen answers) The idea is to say
"Hi, the out topic list for Oracle l list, is oracle-l_at_freelists.org " there
is registered the people who likes to read or answer out topic questions. There you can ask about operating system questions, utilities, etc. Don't ask out topic list here.

What do you think?

 Users can subscribe to your list by sending email to oracle-datab-ot-request_at_freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
logging into the Web interface.

  1. Is important to put a clear subject.
  2. other idea I had in this list, is to do some experiments, if some one want to run a test to see the performance in distinct block sizes, for example, I don't have problem to run that script, properly wrote, that create a tablespace, do some test, drop the tablespace and gives statistics. Meanwhile he share what he found.
  3. POSITIONING THE LIST
The second point is to settle clearly this is a expert list, Cary made me understand that most of the idea I thought was interesting really was not, that is why I understand not to post my weekly tips, and because in this moment I have more than 1,000 post without read. I understand several members don't want unneeded posts.

Maybe could be interesting to put in the foot note of the emails
"This is a experts dba list, you are welcome to subscribe here, but if you want to ask help put the enough information to get help (statpacks or trace ), and if you want to participate please remember we have at least 10 years of experience or more. Thanks"