Re: Newbies welcome, or not?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:52:13 +0200

At 12:58 PM 6/28/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>If you want to add in a little humor, I see no problem with that. When in
>doubt, make it *very* clear that you are not being serious.

That's what, IMHO, is the point: If you want to _add_ a little humor..... Adding in into something serious, not into nothing. Either include humour (humor? English isn't my first language) in a serious answer, or skip the question. Especially when you're the among first answering a thread, just 'would be' humour is annoying. Follow-ups, when not way-out OT, give room for more joking and sarcasm. First objective is to help another member. When you can't, don't answer, just skip. When you want to joke, feel free, but not just at the cost of the one who asked for help. At least compensate by some serious content.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===