Re: Newbies welcome, or not?

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:46:57 -0700

> Jared, you may remember this. A long time ago
> Oracle-l was hosted by SUNY. Oracle had just started
> to take off like a rocket and there were few really
> experienced DBAs. Almost everyone on the list was a
> newbie. Many of us kept our jobs and reached
> maturity as DBAs because of the help we got from
> Oracle-l in those days. Newbies were always welcome.

Remember? I can hardly forget.

This list exists because the SUNY list was terribly unreliable.

I believe that Gaja V was the first person I discussed this with, at IOUG in 1997.

It looks like newbies are in. Anyone that doesn't care to answer newbie questions, either ignore their posts, or exercise your 'Delete' key.

Jared