Re: HMP Vs UDP

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:55:55 +0300

Sorry about late reply (I got about 3000 posts of backlog :) The most obvious comparision between UDP and HMP is that UDP runs over regular ethernet, HMP requires very expensive special hardware, so unless your interconnect traffic is very active and needs very low latencies then go with ethernet+UDP - it's simpler and cheaper.

Tanel.

  Hi Guru's

      We are testing RAC on HP-UX 11.11. Our Cluster Interconnect is UDP. One of my colleagues is recommending the use of HMP instead of UDP for performance reasons. I am unable to find any comparative study between UDP and HMP. Any pointers would be helpful

  Best Regards

  Sriram Kumar