RE: Unix Question (peace.)

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:28:40 -0400

My two cents:

  1. Complaints go to the list moderator, right? That's Jared, so all the content free piling on should have gone there,
  2. As soon as Jared posted this note, the thread should be complete (I know, and I'm still talking, but this is about process, not the instance)
  3. Any of y'all who have ever moderated a list know how a nasty escalation of something like this can poison a list.
  4. IMHO, Jared's response was even handed and without all the other flack I'm guessing Mladen would simply comply, not feel singled out, and return to valuable content threads including ascerbic wit but refraining from the inclusion of actual working syntax of dangerous commands with no warning.

mwf

PS: Happy Iraq day!