RE: Unix Question

From: Poras, Henry R. <Henry_Poras_at_dfci.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:12:49 -0400

Hoo boy. I'd hate to see what happens when that .1% watches infomercials at night.

Seriously, sort of, I always took those comments by Mladen to mean "don't take our word for it. These are suggestions but you are still responsible for understanding what it does." If someone would just cut, paste, and run a script they don't understand on their production system they shouldn't be responsible for a production system. Just recently on this list there was a discussion trying to understand the logic behind a script. That's the way to go.

Henry