RE: why rule based optimizer performs better than cost based?

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:22:59 -0400

Dan's recommendations, from his presentation are:

	Optimizer_index_caching=3D90
	Optimizer_index_cost_adj=3D10 for OLTP systems
	Optimizer_index_cost_adj=3D50 for DSS

Now I don't have a database around here that I'd call either an OLTP or = DSS system. Their mostly hybrids of the above, so for me

	Optimizer_index_caching=3D90
	Optimizer_index_cost_adj=3D40

Seems to work the best.

Dick Goulet