RE: RE: Oracle 10g beta certification exam for New Features

From: Thomas Biju <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:55:18 -0500

And that is true. Since Oracle7.3 (including 7.3 beta, which was 5 free exa= ms) I have taken the beta exam to upgrade certification to 8, 8i and 9i. For all the exams I took, Oracle "said" I "passed" the exam and sen= t me the certificate and logo....

In the Oracle10g exam I took, there were not many surprises on the type of = questions or content. The objectives published on the website and the content of the 10gNF 5day course cover all the questions. D17079GC10&p_org_id=3D1001&lang=3DUS&source_call=3D

You can get the topics from the above link, refer Freeman's book to get a g= eneral idea and reference the Oracle documentation for more information. I guess, those who participated in the Oracle10g beta already = have the training material from Oracle which covers all these topics...

I felt there was more concentration on ASM and Flashback. There were also q= uestions very specific testing the name of a procedure, a parameter or a keyword!!

Now, I have to wait 3+ months to know if I should pay and take the exam aga= in!!!

Good luck!!